The FEI Titan 80-300 probe aberration corrected scanning transmission electron microscope (STEM) with monochromator is an advanced analytical workstation:
- The field emission electron source (X-FEG) delivers high density and high coherent electron beam;
- The three-condenser lens system ensures a nanometer size parallel electron beam generated;
- The SuperX Energy Dispersive Spectrometry (SuperX EDS) system with the four Bruker Silicon Drift Detectors (SDD), is able to collect characteristic X-Ray signal at high counts per second;
- The combination of X-FEG and SuperX EDS together is called ChemiSTEM Technology, which makes elemental mapping at atomic level possible;
- The monochromator makes sure the energy resolution of the electron source is as high as 0.2 eV, which allows electron energy-loss spectrum (EELS) to be collected at atomic level;
- Tomography function allows 3-Dimensional re-construction.