We are hiring! The Analytical Instrumentation Facility (AIF) seeks a talented individual to join our team as an Accountant. This position oversees the business financial management of a complex and evolving Service Center with a variety of funding sources within the College of Engineering and will be closely working with the AIF Director. The AIF Accountant must be able to interpret and relay agency and university requirements, policies, and practices and provide support on new information regarding funding, reporting deadlines, fiscal issues and compliance. The AIF Accountant is responsible for monitoring accounts t ensure compliance with Cost Accounting Standards (Federal), the State of North Carolina and NCSU guidelines.
up to $65,000 (commensurate with experience)
Bachelor’s degree with 12 credit hours of accounting coursework; or Associate’s degree in Accounting; or Associate’s degree in Business or related discipline with 12 credit hours of accounting coursework; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Ability to convey and communicate in a professional manner to a broad audience including executives, academic administrators, faculty, staff, and external parties
– Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks or projects
– Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
– Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word, or similar
– Previous experience in a role with financial management responsibilities
– Experience processing small purchase vouchers, journals, market place orders and purchase requisitions
– Knowledge of ledger 2, 3, and 6 projects including spending guidelines
– Experience with P-card reconciliation and monthly account statements
– Experience with processing travel reimbursements and deposit