The AIF staff and leadership are delighted with your interest in utilizing our instrumentation and expertise. For those wanting to discuss research challenges, please feel free to contact a staff member directly or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any of your questions. You can also click here to fill out our form online.
1) Go to the Mendix website at https://labs.ncsu.edu/.
2) Log in using your NCSU unity ID.
3) Click “My Agreement” icon and send agreement request to your PI via Mendix.
4) For questions regarding the Mendix system, please use the support website https://www.aif.ncsu.edu/mendix-help/ or contact Anna Ragsdale.
5) If you would like to be trained for any instrument, please complete the AIF Safety Training in REPORTER. You’ll need to access each page for the training and pass with at least a 90 on the first quiz and an 85 on the second quiz.
*Note that it can take up to two hours for the completion to take effect in Mendix.
6) Request individual instrument training via Mendix. Click the training icon and choose the instrument you would like to be trained on. Please specify the times you are available and a notification will be sent to the lab manager.
7) Review the Training Plan(s) below to familiarize yourself with the technique description.
1) Please fill out the External Agreement Order Form below and send it to Tanzania Ray at email@example.com.
*We recommend an immediate start date and an end date 6-12 months out. Please also include a dollar amount next to “not to exceed cost” that is more than you think you need. This is not the amount we will bill for, but the amount at which we will stop billing and the agreement ends.
*If you have any questions about the agreement, please contact Tanzania Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Contact email@example.com for any technical questions you may have. Not sure what you need? You can contact our Operations Manager, Roberto Garcia, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-515-8628.
AIF requires documentation for all AIF door access requests.
After you become a qualified independent user for a specific lab, please complete the AIF Door Access Request form and bring it along with your NCSU ID card to Anna Ragsdale in MRC 318.
After-Hours Access to MRC:
The user and PI must complete the AIF After Hours Access Form.
The completed After-Hours Access Form should be submitted to Anna Ragsdale.
AIF Instrumental Technique Description
If you are not familiar with the various analytical tools at AIF, please click the link for individual technique description written by the AIF staff. These technique descriptions are for new users and can provide a general guideline.